Hello Year 3,
We hope you have all had a good weekend. This week is our final week of remote learning and we are looking forward to seeing you all back in the classroom next week.
TTRS Update: Well done Cheetah class.
- Monday- Year 3 Maths, log in from 11:15am for 11:25am start.
- Reading Skills (Mon-Wed) log in from 1:15pm for a 1:20pm start.
- Tuesday- English, log in from 8:50am for a 9am start.
- Thursday, World Book Day Author- Log in from 9:50am for a 10am start.
Class Wellbeing meetings:
Thursday 4th March- Links will be sent via dojo.
- 9am Gorilla Class
- 11am Cheetah Class
- 1:30pm Leopard Class
- 2pm Vaquita Class
- 2:30pm Pangolin Class
World Book Day
Thursday March 4th, Dress as a detective and help Anisha solve the mystery of Unlce Tony. The children can work through the book week bingo when they have some spare time in the week and we will also post some useful links on Dojo during the week.
We continue to be blown away by the work the children have done and we are so proud of them! We also want to share our expectations for the core subjects so that you are not putting too much pressure on yourselves or your children:
- For reading we expect the children to log into Reading Eggs daily to read a library book set for them and also complete the comprehension weekly.
- For writing we have a daily 5 in a row. Then the children can watch the video lesson and complete the activity. This will sometimes be grammar based.
- For maths the children will have a starter daily and then they can watch the video link before completing the worksheet. We also provide challenges to be completed after.
Tuesday 2nd March
English- Complete today's 5 in a row.
Mrs Mulenje will be hosting a live lesson generating vocabulary for character description.
- Then complete group 1 or group 2 from the folder.
Maths - The children can complete one Maths Starter from the folder below daily.
Revision- You will be revising the 5 times table.
- Watch the link https://vimeo.com/490421314
- Complete the worksheet in the folder.
- Complete the True or False.
Year 3- Today you will be working on dividing by 4.
- Here is the link: https://vimeo.com/477072164
- Complete the worksheet.
- Complete True or False and the Challenge.
Reading- Miss Smith and Miss Scregg will be hosting a live lesson focusing on questions. Log in from 1:15pm.
Spelling- automobile, autograph, autobiography, autocue, automatic, automatically, autoload, autopilot, autosave, autodial. Some children may wish to continue to choose from the Year 1/2 list instead.
Theme: We are continuing out Let it Grow theme. Today we are focusing on pollination.
- Open up lesson 5 for information.
- Complete activity 1 and 2.
Handwriting- In the folder below you will find instructions to log into Letterjoin. We have also created a document outlining the correct letter formation. You will also find a printable lined sheet.
**If you are working from a tablet or phone to access work from our website and are struggling to open everything, then please go to your app store and download a free app called Winzip. This will allow you to access all documents on our website.
We look forward to seeing all your work through the day. Remember to post it on Dojo, to earn Dojo points